About Huia Blogs
Huia has a vision of 'Voicing the stories and aspirations of Aotearoa New Zealand'.The Huia website is an opportunity to take these stories to the world through our series of blogs for Māori and indigenous stories and issues.
Huia has invited selected Māori and Pacific writers to present their views and to stimulate international discussion on indigenous issues in our areas of publishing interest - arts and literature, languages and linguistics, politics and education.
Those writers are encouraged to present:
- Articles in English or Māori language.
- Coverage of national and international issues and events
- Researched articles
- Views on issues affecting, or of interest to, Māori and indigenous peoples.
While we want to offer an interesting and stimulating forum including views which may be contrary to those of Huia management, we are aware that we must balance this with a responsibility to maintain the ‘newsworthy’ quality of the site.With this in mind we wish to emphasise:
1. The views expressed and content of all postings and comments in the blogs are those of the authors.
2. Huia management reserve the right to remove reader comments from blogs if they are deemed to be:
- Abusive, personal, racist, offensive or derogatory
- Defamatory or libellous
- Deliberate misinformation and impersonation
- Devoid of content or analysis and appear to be published with the sole purpose of disruption
- Duplicate posts
- Pieces which fail to resemble news or commentary, are off the topic and contributing no substantial value to the discussion
- Pornographic or sexually explicit
- Profit motivated advertising
3. Decisions by Huia management on the removal of comments will be final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding these decisions.